Balance Rehabilitation provides the following services:
- Initial assessment of current functioning and history of condition
- Exercise prescription addressing muscular imbalances, psychological imbalances, functional deficits and postural irregularities,
- Work/function specific conditioning
- 1 on 1 supervised education sessions/exercise sessions
- Weekly evaluation and progression of prescribed treatment programs
- Education on diagnosis and pathology underlying symptoms
- Education of pain management strategies, program progression and correction of poor posture and body mechanics
- Promotion of pro-active self-management of condition and prevent recurrence of injury
- Provision to client of illustrated program outlining all prescribed activities
- Ensure client possesses tools required for long-term management of condition
- Provision of report to referrer detailing objective and subjective admission and discharge measures
- Regular contact is kept with all relevant parties
- Post program report outlining objective measures on admission and discharge
Who Can Use Our Services?
- WorkCover Qld
- Third Party Insurers
- Medical and Occupational Physicians
- Occupational Therapists
- Department of Veterans Affairs
Our Exercise Physiologists possess Allied Health Provider Numbers allowing eligible clients to receive a Medicare Rebate for our services under the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
Private patients can also access our Exercise Physiology services on a sessional basis and may be able to claim a rebate from their Private Health Insurance for our services.
Please note, Health & Fitness facility costs are additional to our charges.
Balance Rehabilitation programs are unique as they are truly community based. Programs run from local health and fitness centres or pools. Patient homes are also utilised if a gym is not appropriate. Our programs minimise the interruption to the daily schedule of individuals completing the program and increase the likelihood of attendance.